Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mom's Day

Dear Bryce,

We had a rough start, to say the least. 108 days in the NICU is pretty high up on the list of every parent's worst dreams. However, when you look back on your incredible journey, I'd like you to know that your Mommy never missed a day. She'd scarcely finished surgery before she insisted that she be wheeled to your side, and when she found out she could hold you, well, "kid in a candy store" is too mild to describe her excitement.

For three months, she never strayed from her dairy-free diet, though all the doctors could promise was that it might help ease the discomfort in your tummy. And after seven months of isolation at home, she was willing to do another seven if it would make your life better.

It's been a long road, Squeaker, but Mommy was there every step of the way.





















Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who go the extra mile for their kids. Print this post

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribute for an extraordinary Mother. Thank you Jason for posting this. It brings back all the memories of the blog. When I had my stress test I was put on an 18 inch slab. Maybe Christie could sleep on that as she did during the hernia surgery, but Grandma failed to be a good patient as I was flat on my back, a total no-no for me.

    ReplyDelete