Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Bryce Sonnek Economic Recovery Act

So, I found myself with a little free time to think in the wee hours of the morning, and I came up with a great way that Bryce and I can serve our country during these dire financial times.

As you all know, Bryce's care has not been cheap. In fact, room and board in the NICU ran about $10K per day, and even the ICC charged $6K per day. What many of you may not know is that my employer is primarily a government contractor, and since they are self-insured, I suppose that means that Bryce's care was paid for largely with tax dollars (thanks, by the way).

Christie and I recently learned from Bryce's home nurse that some micro-preemies remain in the hospital for upwards of four years! However, since we're such fantastic parents, we've graciously agreed to assume full responsibility for Bryce's care after only 108 days. Best of all, we're willing to do it for a mere $1K per day -- over the course of four years, we'll have saved the taxpayers $6.7 million dollars! I like to call it the Bryce Sonnek Economic Recovery Act.

We hear a lot these days about "helping out the little guy", and I seriously doubt that you can find too many guys who started out smaller than Bryce. Everyone loves babies, so it's sure to be a winner politically, and my economic advisers assure me that it makes at least as much sense as collateralized debt obligations. Everybody wins! I'll be sending my proposal to President Obama later this week.


P.S. In case it wasn't obvious, we're feeling a bit better after a more restful day. Bryce is still having tummy issues; more on that when we know more. Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment